How to Install Geotab's 16-Pin T-Harness Fleet Management Device https://youtu.be/f6nGuI_ItWQ?list=PLstjZojhKtEA4l-Bi8g0dVpb-dvyh393B
How to Install Geotab Universal 9-Pin Heavy Duty T-Harness https://youtu.be/Rs5sSWZ5IXg?list=PLstjZojhKtEA4l-Bi8g0dVpb-dvyh393B
The Install Tool to use when installing the GO device https://myinstallpub.geotab.com/myinstall/public
Standard Installation Guide https://docs.google.com/document/d/11CQP77T_fss0XFIlclOsBNtuN5hicONAiYEOwxp8KL0/edit
Advanced Installation Guide https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tBl_6WwB7Y1NDM3ouWjDKEhw9hstOwy7lVsj7p5kK8M/edit#heading=h.wgs33v201bv5
Quick Notes on the GO Device LED Lights and Sounds on Installation
LED Status Indicators
The device has three LEDs that indicate its status:
When the vehicle ignition is turned off, the device powers down and enters Sleep Mode. To ensure the device remains connected in Sleep Mode (and to check for firmware updates), the device periodically pings the server.
In Sleep Mode, the device pings (or “heartbeats”) every 30 minutes for the first two days. After two days, the device heartbeats once every 23 hours.
When the device powers on for the first time after installation, it enters the Troubleshooting Beeping Mode to assist with the installation for the first two trips.
The Troubleshooting Beeping Mode has various beep indications:
Beeping mode is also enabled during device configuration or when log debug is enabled.
A complete guide to all Geotab installation resources https://www.geotab.com/installation-documentation/
Geotab Device, Harness and IOX Support Documentation https://www.geotab.com/support-documentation/
How To troubleshoot a GO Device not communicating (while you
are at the vehicle)
How To Connect a Three Wire Harness
- GO device
To install a Three Wire Harness, connect the wires as follows:
- BLACK — The GROUND wire which must be connected to a known good chassis ground.
- YELLOW — The ignition sense wire which must be connected to a true ignition source (live with the key is in both the ON and RUN positions, dead when the key is off). The fuse size is 5 A.
- RED — The constant power (12V or 24V) wire which must be connected to a true battery source (live at all times). The fuse size is 5 A.
Additional installation and safety details are found in the Three Wire Harness - Installation Manual . Please ensure that this manual is reviewed prior to installation.
- The red and yellow wires must connect to a fused source, or the user must install the fuses
- Vehicles that do not have an OBD port require a Three Wire harness to connect to the GO device
- HRN-CW03K3 additional installation document